Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was making some cuts on my table saw, I had the bade up pretty high to make some cheek cuts using a tenon jig. About 3/4 of the way through all my pieces, The saw started making a noise like a bearing was dry(?). I lowered the blade with the same resulting noise.

I got this saw from my father in law for free, the only thing I have in it is a new Shop Fox fence. It's been a really good saw for me for what I need it to do. I got on the Sears parts site and looked up these parts: #3509 Bearing, #STD590062 Retaining Ring & #STD581062 E Ring Clip. I figured from looking at the drawing these are parts that I would probably break removing them. :blink:

What else should I look for or be prepared to replace while I have it all apart? Am I even barking up the right tree?

Thanks, Bumpus

·
where's my table saw?
29,605 Posts
It's been a long time

I changed out both bearings in my Craftsman saw arbor. I didn't break any clips, but it's not a bad idea to get some IF you can. I would replace both bearings while you're at it. The whole project will be an adventure, and is best done by placing the saw on it's back side, no motor. Once you get the arbor out you will need to realign the blade to the miter slots. If you are mechanically inclined ...great. If not, you may want a helper who is.

One of our members here has a thread on the process:
http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f12/how-remove-arbor-housing-craftsman-113-299040-a-44279/

·
where's my table saw?
29,605 Posts
yup. look at the link I posted. :blink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts