Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the email from Craft Supplies.

Easy Wood Tools are 15% off from June 13 - 17. These do not often go on sale, so for those who are interested, may be a good time to buy. The ridiculously priced $500 chuck is still too much for my blood even after a 15% sale.

Most Jet machines, except the new and popular Jet 1221 lathe have 15% off from June 14 - 17.

No connection to any of the companies, just passing on the information.

For folks new to turning, Craft Supplies is not the name of the site, not intuitive name.

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Some of the nicest people you'll ever meet and fantastic support/customer service too.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yap there good people there an even get there catalog :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: as for that f:censored:ing chuck Its to expensive even for me :furious::furious: wanting to much money

·
Turning Wood Into Art
4,043 Posts
the easy chuck looks so good. then someone said to me just buy multiple chucks and you wont need an easy chuck.

You have some fine prices and fine discounts over there

nice stuff on that site

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
The Easy Wood chuck ...

Our turning club got booted out of the place we'd been meeting, and the local Woodcraft store manager offered us housing for the night we couldn't find a substitute location.

As luck would have it, Craig Jackson was at the store earlier that day demonstrating the tools, and he stayed around and demonstrated for the club at our meeting. He was using one of the first production units of the chuck, it hadn't been launched at that time.

It's too expensive for me.

However, if I were a production turner, I'd give it serious consideration despite the price. Quite simply, he could change the jaws on that puppy faster than I can unscrew one chuck and mount another.

If time is money, this might be for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts