Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone cruising by has a good plan for a baby cradle...full size style that will swing, I would like to see it. I have to build one in the next month or so for the first grandchild!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I don't know about other people but I have never worked from a set of plans. I would just go buy a cradle mattress and work backwards from there, designing the swinging part then a stand to mount it on.

Spindles seem to be a popular choice for sides with solid end boards. You could do a slat side which would not require turning or buying spindles.

It does sound like an interesting project. Hope you have fun.

Dave.

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
Congratulations!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have fun with her when she is young, because when she's a teen it's all over:laughing: .

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
Same with me, Dave, - - I say 'out of my head', - - some say 'out of my mind' . . .

Yup, thats the general consensus with me.:laughing:

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Reverse designing, as I go. That's me too.
Sometimes I get people looking, cocking their head like a puzzled dog and sometimes I get people looking and slobbering like a hungry one. Win some :thumbsup: lose some :thumbdown: but I always have fun anyhow.

Hey Gramps i done congratulated you already but I'l do it agin here so the peeps don't think I am rude. Congrats. :no:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats on being a Grandpa!!! Gotta feel GREAT!!!!!! I have a set of plans for a Rocker/Cradle. Was gonna make it for a cousin of mine, but never was able too!! You're more than welcome to them, it look relatively simple and looks pretty cool too!! Let me know, I'll send them to ya if ya want!! Congrats again!!!

Dave
steg32168

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I told my daughter I plan on spoiling the little guy....since I missed the cradle, I guess I will build him a rocking horse, and I am thinking of 2 or three...all different sized, so he will have a horse herd.

By the way clampman, my wife, who is 13 years younger then me, still wants another baby.....geeezzzzzz, just shoot me!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Come on Jay.....Have another one...:yes: :yes:

You're not too old yet....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts