Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all so i am making this from wood (dont have money to buy this ting for like 100$) im stuck i cant find proper joints for this part could somone help me find out proper joints for isosceles trapezium or similar figure would be so nice if u could draw it on paint or somwhere

·
Registered
39 Posts
You lost me at "isosceles trapezium". But nice job attempting to make something yourself that's clearly an overpriced piece of molded plastic. I guess some of us just have that gene.
Questions: What material do you plan on making it with (2x4's, etc), and what tools do you have at your disposal?

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
I would say, glue some 2x4 to get the necessary height. Rip the glue up to exact height and then do a couple of bevel cuts to make the sides.

I could be missing something but the isosceles sides seem to be just window dressage. My question is, "Are the beveled sides a functional necessity?"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You lost me at "isosceles trapezium". But nice job attempting to make something yourself that's clearly an overpriced piece of molded plastic. I guess some of us just have that gene.
Questions: What material do you plan on making it with (2x4's, etc), and what tools do you have at your disposal?
So i made this , i used screws and glue , i had to cut wood by hand do they are not like 100% same but same ~ ,i will just glue on some fake grass witch wont dmg my board and wola had fun making it + saved 100$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts