Woodworking Talk banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
BK. its the camera angle. 17mm lens on a full frame DSLR will do that. Et All, about the updates, it has been a busy summer between my mom coming for an extended visit and my work schedule and it has been hard to find shop time. Plus my shop is shared with the other basement duties and has become a real mess with non shop things piling up in there. I have to put a stop to this and get it cleaned up. I am hoping the fall and winter will be more conducive to the projects I want to build. So I am praying the Corn Hole Game will be done for next summer:)

You all have seen the plaque my wife found for me at a flea market earlier this year. It should sum up the problem I have.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Hey Paul, get these boards finished up and get to playing!! This is the most addictive game in the world.

Cornhole originated in Cincinnati, OH so we take our cornhole pretty serious around here. Im not sure I know anyone that dosnt play.

I build 10 or 12 sets a year and being that we take our cornhole so serious, my boards are built to American Cornhole Association (yes it exists, Im a member!) specifications. The bags are just as important as the boards and are also made to ACA specifications. They should be duck canvas, 6" X 6", double stitched and filled with whole kernel corn and the total weight of each bag should be between 15 and 16 ounces. The corn is very important as the corn dust conditions the boards as you play and gives the boards the proper slickness.

We don't play baggo, bag toss, bean bag toss, etc. Its Cornhole!!

Anyhow, just wanted to nudge you to get this project finished. Its a blast. Youll see! Im glad to see this game is spreading further and further from OH!

When you get to the point that your ready for bags shoot me a PM if you want some help. The people selling on Ebay and other online retailers are selling bags that arnt regulation for rediculous prices. I have a girl that makes regulation bags for me for $15 per set. That's barely more than the cost of the material and corn and they are quality bags.

Heres a couple of sets that I made for Christmas gifts this passed Christmas. Again, these were gifts, for those that wanna call me out for painting college logos.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you get to the point that your ready for bags shoot me a PM if you want some help. The people selling on Ebay and other online retailers are selling bags that arnt regulation for rediculous prices. I have a girl that makes regulation bags for me for $15 per set. That's barely more than the cost of the material and corn and they are quality bags.
I now someone that sells bags online that are regulation and high quality.
That is me.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
I now someone that sells bags online that are regulation and high quality.
That is me.
Yeah I should have been more clear. You can definitely find high quality regulation bags online. You pay for them though. Most of what I see online isn't regulation and are selling for as much as three times the cost as what I get quality bags for. Example, one buddy that I made boards for last summer purchased some logo bags online because he didn't want my high quality plain color bags. He paid almost $50 for them. The first time one of the bags hit a corner of the board, it ripped and spilled its guts which wasn't corn anyhow. They also were really light weight bags. Hes been playing with the bags I provide ever since and hasn't had a problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Made for my wife's boss for Christmas. Can you say " job security"?

Cornhole Games Lawn game Recreation

·
Advanced mistake maker
1,231 Posts
BassBlaster, I'm halfway around the world (in the sandbox), and we have the game here on base. So guess it has spread from Ohio quite well! :thumbsup:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.