Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i work on site in uk as a chippy. as u are well aware speed is the key on sites these dayz to make the most money. i find chopping hinges out very time consuming when i am 2nd fixing.
does anyone know of any cordless power tool device to remove hinges quickly? all makita, bosch, dewalt dont offer anything for this task as they say a cordless router wouldn't work great. please help. thanks

·
Old School
24,017 Posts

We have an introduction section where you can say a few words about yourself. If you fill out your profile in your "User Control Panel", you can list any hobbies, experience or other facts. You can also list your general geographical location which would be a help in answering some questions.

What 'hinges' are you referring to? Do you mean cutting the mortises for leaf (butt) hinges?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
the "cordless" part is going to hurt, but they do make them. if the door hinges have been standardized, you can build a jig to lay on the hinge edge of the door to position all of the hingle locations as well as provide a template for the router cut. they sell these, but you can make one. a similar jig can be made for the door jamb hingle locations also. no ac power on board? the doors can be done off ship before brought onboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts