Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Makita 6095D that I have not used for a while. Both batteries are dead . Debating buying a new drill with Lithium batteries or just buying new batteries for about $50. What is smarter? New drills don't seem quite as well made and the chuck tends to wobble on many models. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also, does anybody know a good source for these original Makita batteries?

·
where's my table saw?
31,303 Posts
I used to be a 18 V Dewalt junkie

Although I started out on 9.6 V Makitas. I got practically every drill or compact saw Dewalt made. Then the batteries started dying. Then I discovered Milwaukee Lithium Ion 18V drills and drivers. They are smooth, easy to control the speed and powerful. I'm switching over to Milwaukee.
I did buy a Rigid L I drill and driver from Home Depot, with the 3.0 amp hr batteries and they are also great. The batteries last and last. My son uses them at work at the dealership and he loves them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.