Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I connect Blast Gates directly to this 3-Way Junction Dust Collection Fitting without hoses and clamps? I’m afraid to buy anything because nothing seems to fit.

I want to be able to shut down complete lines because I believe having multiple lines even with the ends closed are lowering the efficiency of my dust collection system. So instead of having the gates at the equipment I want to move them to the dust collector.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,047 Posts
Take a propane torch, heat up the 3 way fitting by passing the torch over the fitting rapidly.....all the way around it.....then press the blast gate into it. I used this technique with really good results on mine. Didn't need a retaining screw or anything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a short piece of 4" ABS pipe at one of the box stores. Here they sell it in 2' pieces. I cut that into pieces about three inches long. A little silicon for sealing and a couple of rivets and the blast gates hooked up easily.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Heating works well but it's safer and easier if you get a $10.00 heat gun from harbor freight and tool to heat it you get a safer and more even heat or you can get a $7.00 schedule 30 and cut a 4 inch chunk off of it glue and screw this to the three way split then the blast gate to the schedule 30 then run your line off the blast gate

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Heating works well but it's safer and easier if you get a $10.00 heat gun from harbor freight and tool to heat it you get a safer and more even heat or you can get a $7.00 schedule 30 and cut a 4 inch chunk off of it glue and screw this to the three way split then the blast gate to the schedule 30 then run your line off the blast gate

That's my approach.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put one on the other day using my propane heater and it didn’t take too long. I knew it was ready when my hand started to burn. :icon_cheesygrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts