Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who read ShopNotes Magazine should check out the published reader's tip submitted by member BernieL http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/members/berniel-24538/ .

The tip is on page 6 of the current issue (Vol.22 Issue 132). I received mine two days ago but hadn't had a chance to post about it until now. Note that Bernie also won a very nice Porter Cable router kit (router with two bases: fixed and plunge) for being selected as "Top Tip".

He posted about his cool workbench here at the forum before. But now it's in print. I must say, ShopNotes really did great justice to Bernie's idea.

Way to go, Bernie! That's awesome and I'm happy for you. You're doing us proud for sure. I hope to join your published status soon. I just received my second check from ShopNotes today.

·
Half a bubble off.. {Θ¿Θ}
548 Posts
Woo-Hoo.. Good on ya Bernie. You definitely deserve the recognition.. I've learned a lot from your posts.

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
Way to kick a$$ Bernie. I'd rather be published than be famous. I'm going to brag to my local crowd that we are close friends :)

Al

Nails only hold themselves.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Thank you... I just got my issue today. Of course we have 2 tips to look forward too from Steve - hope you get that router because it is a nice combo. I belong to a few forums but I must say, I do like this one the best. The others also have nice folks on them, but this one is very active and I just feel more comfortable and at home here. I get my questions answered and when I give tips, they are appreciated. Heck - I've even had a few disagreements with some on this forum and they've been cordial and informative... Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Congratulations Bernie. My copy was in today's mail also. I like your bench and accessories. Mine is similar but I don't have all the add-ons that you have cobbled up. I bet your bench definitely makes you more productive.

I need to pick up a couple of those wooden clamps. Nice idea.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Congrats Bernie- Nice article.

·
SS user
2,688 Posts
Wow, Bernie.
I didn't recognize that it was you when I saw the tip. You certainly deserved to win.
Congratulations.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
AWESOME!! Great to see I "know" a winner in a magazine...LOL.

Actually, when I read this post I had to go & grab my Shop Notes to check it out. I seem to have a backlog of magazines (6-8) and I normally stack them so I can read them in order.

Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts