Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure you've heard this before, but I have to, so, sorry... :p
I'm looking to buy a brad nailer and I would be extremely grateful if you could recommend me one. I've been looking at this nailer for a week now, and for the life of me, I haven't been able to find it a single flaw :p so, I'm almost sure that's the one for me.

I would, however, like to ask you for some experiences with this particular piece. Thanks people.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts

We have an introduction section where you can say a few words about yourself. If you fill out your profile in your "User Control Panel", you can list any hobbies, experience or other facts. You can also list your general geographical location which would be a help in answering some questions. In doing that, your general location will show under your username when you post.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
That thing is HUGE. I would think that it would be difficult to use.

Do you specifically need a cordless brad nailer? If not do you have an air compressor? I have a portable air compressor that I can take just about anywhere.

George

·
Registered
26,891 Posts
I have to agree with George on the size of that nailer. I imagine it is necessary because it is battery powered. For what it costs you could buy a smudge pot compressor, air hose and a couple nailers at harbor freight and put almost half the money back in your pocket. You have to keep in mind too with cordless tools if you don't use them pretty often the batteries quickly go bad and they can cost nearly a hundred bucks to replace. Even daily use the batteries are only good for 4-5 years.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I am not a pro, just a hobbyist that makes a lot of stuff. I have the Bostitch combo, 18 gauge brad nailer and 1/4 inch stapler. Both have worked well for me. No jams, misfires or anything. I actually use the stapler more than the nailer, but it is always ready to fire at the pull of the trigger. And the grips are a comfortable fit for my hands.

And a Porter Cable pancake air compressor. :) Easy to tote around if need be.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've been well served by this kit. It costs a little more but should be more versatile for you than the battery operated model.

Actually looking again the kit I got was slightly different, but point being, an air tool set can be had for a similar price and might be a better route to go.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I've been well served by this kit. It costs a little more but should be more versatile for you than the battery operated model.

Actually looking again the kit I got was slightly different, but point being, an air tool set can be had for a similar price and might be a better route to go.
I have a similar kit from Porter Cable, that I've been fairly happy with. I'm starting to consider replacing the compressor because I keep wanting to do things it's not big enough for, but as a portable stapler/nailer it's fantastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts