Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just made the leap from hand sketches and manual material takeoffs to accepting help from my computer. I purchased a system ($96.55) from www.cabinetplanner.com that seems perfect for those of us who would rather be making chips than interfacing with a mouse. The system allows you to modify the cabinet design basics to match your own preferences as part of the setup. Then it is a simple matter of drawing the walls and placing cabinets. Once you are done with that, you need merely ask for the material list....or the cabinet breakdown.....or the optimized cut plan for your sheet goods or solid stock. And there is more. It will produce a Job Proposal (Quote) or Contract itimizing all the elements of the design. It will even print labels for each piece of material with the unit it belongs to etc. I will say that I am not a computer efficienado, I do not like them in the least but in under 30 minutes, I was seemingly proficient with the program.

Ed

·
Registered
714 Posts
Sounds like you got a lot for your $97...

Programs are like tools... you have to learn how to use them...

I've been a systems analyst / senior programmer / consultant for years... it's amazing how unfriendly programs can be designed.

Some really Help you while others are a PITA...

Sounds like you're coming along in the learning curve... just keep plugging away at it... Sounds like it will save you a lot of time and $$!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts