Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to update everyone on a project I posted a few weeks back. A co-worker wanted a book shelf to match her kids bedroom furniture that is cherry. I built it out of 3/4 oak and stained it with a cherry gel stain. It turned out pretty good she really liked it and thought it would fit in real well with the other furniture. I posted a few before an after photos.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very nice work. I'm looking to build something similar to match a computer desk that I have. Did you work from plans or was this self design? Also, the stain color looks perfect to match my desk. If you wouldn't mind passing along the brand and color name it would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great work! I like the oak and the finish looks great.

I like the oak strips to cover the plywood edge. I use the oak veneer with glue you put on with an iron a lot and will have to try your way too!
Thanks, I like the look of the solid wood edge and it is pretty solid. I have never used the iron on edging but I like the solid because you never have it to worry about it peeling off. Plus using the solid you can route an edge in or have a thicker front to beef it up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts