Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Woodsmith magazine vol. 32/no. 191
I built this for my daughter. Her bedroom is so small theirs not enough room for a full size desk. It's red oak with natural min wax stain. 2 coats of General Finishes waterborne sanding sealer sanding with 320 grit after each coat. Then 2 coats of G F waterborne pre cat urethane.

image-3398877786.jpg

image-47696118.jpg

image-2514710490.jpg

image-3817657037.jpg

image-1757131185.jpg

image-4237679092.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tim G said:
From Woodsmith magazine vol. 32/no. 191 I built this for my daughter. Her bedroom is so small theirs not enough room for a full size desk. It's red oak with natural min wax stain. 2 coats of General Finishes waterborne sanding sealer sanding with 320 grit after each coat. Then 2 coats of G F waterborne pre cat urethane. Thanks for viewing.
Tim that is beautiful ! Great job.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Your desk looks Great!! Did you sign it? Some day when she is passing this down to her daughter she can say "see this is what your Grandpa made for me and now he would want it to go to you"

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TMA Woodworks said:
Your desk looks Great!! Did you sign it? Some day when she is passing this down to her daughter she can say "see this is what your Grandpa made for me and now he would want it to go to you"
Thank you for the very kind words. I did not sign it because my signature Is a big mess. I have considered ordering a branding iron like they sell in the woodworking magazines but anytime I save the little money I get I prefer to spend it on tools. I'm sure my kids will remember where it came from. Well I hope any way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts