Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Terry Sumner
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Colonial StepBack Cabinet build...ALL DONE!

It always gives me great pleasure to build something that will help friends out. Well the 9th Annual Poppa P Plunge is coming up on September 14th and I'm building this StepBack Cabinet as a raffle prize to raise money for the Larry Pudvah Scholarship fund. You see, Larry was a friend of mine who passed away over 9 years ago now from a massive infection after knee surgery! Now every year his 3 sons have this event and they raffle off a lot of donated baskets. And I've built some other projects in the past which I donate for the cause. This year I decided to build this cabinet. The one I'm modeling it after is one built by Mike Dunbar and was in Fine Woodworking.

Here is the one made by Mike Dunbar....

Hosted on Fotki

So far I have the basic cabinet built and tonight I got the shelves installed...

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

The bead detail on the upper shelves.... The back board is beadboard panel... The whole thing will be painted with General Finishes Acrylic Milk Paint. Not a true Milk Paint but I'm not trying to build a replica...

Hosted on Fotki

·
Terry Sumner
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Step Back build complete!

Well friends... the Step Back Cabinet modeled after Mike Dunbar's piece is complete! I ended up finishing my version in General Finishes Antique White milk paint. On September 14th some lucky person is going to win this for 5 bucks! ( the cost of an arm's length of raffle tickets) Whatever money this piece raises will go to a great cause as outlined in the first post. Hope y'all like it!

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Here it is after I affixed the little brass plate at the top for Larry...

Hosted on Fotki

And a closeup of the brass plate...

Hosted on Fotki

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.