Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it very hard to go out to the shop to do things with this cold front,s that have invaded my choice southern home state.
Temp today was no higher then 37 F, my insides don't get energized till at least 45 d. F. I hate cold weather.

I do have a wood heater in the shop, but 30-40 minutes warmup time, before it meets the low side of comfort. I would love to embrace global warming if it was here in the central area of my state.

OH GLOBAL WARMING GOD PLEASE COME AND EMBRACE MY STATE WITH YOUR WARMTH.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Yank.....I don't feel sorry for you.....Monday.....the High is supposed to be 5 below zero.....with a low of 21 below zero.......before windchill....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looking forward to some shop time tomorrow....it's supposed to warm up to 26!:eek: Next week it's below zero most of the week.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ryan, forecast says only a couple degrees warmer down here in Milwaukee. Makes me really happy I moved my table saw and drill press from the garage to the basement and built a new workbench down there this fall. Wife isn't real thrilled about it, but it is opening up conversation about that new heated and insulated garage I want. It might actually happen this summer.

Gotta love WI weather!

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I used to not be bothered by cold because I could just put on more clothes, but these days the cold just hurts and I can't wait for summer. i just got me some driving gloves for the first time in my life because by the time I get to work in the morning my hands are in pain.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ryan, forecast says only a couple degrees warmer down here in Milwaukee. Makes me really happy I moved my table saw and drill press from the garage to the basement and built a new workbench down there this fall. Wife isn't real thrilled about it, but it is opening up conversation about that new heated and insulated garage I want. It might actually happen this summer.

Gotta love WI weather!
Good luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
For about 4 years I used to bike 10 miles to work and 10 miles home. My temperature tolerance range was 25 to 95. Anything below or above that and I'd drive. It greatly increased my tolerance to temperature extremes. It wasn't much fun though when I got to work on a cold morning with frozen snot in my beard and had to struggle to unlock my frozen grip from the handlebars...

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
So does anybody know if any of this cold is also up in the ice caps repairing that area?

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
It was warmer in Alaska last week than it was in Wisconsin. So probably not.

·
Chairman of the 'Board
285 Posts
It's ridiculously cold down here in the Keys: 72F. Where is my normal 80F winter weather? I actually wore a wet suit yesterday when I took a student diving. Not only is the weather below normal, but the water was all the way down to 75F. Brrrrrrrr. I might need to break out the dry suit.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
It will be light out until it gets dark. Then dark until morning.
It is winter, here.
Enough snow and bad hwy condx, 13 killed already this winter, 8 since Christmas.
Only one avalanche blocked the highway, only one snowmobiler dead in an avalanche (so far).
My basement shop is rarely above 60F when I open the door in winter. Gloves. Electric heater.
Work hard, work faster!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cold Cold

I no what you mean. Im from Cincinnati and I only have a one car garage woodshop. I have an ibsulated garage door but that's all. I use 2 ceramic heathers and open the kitchen door from the garage and it warms up enough for me to kina piddle around a bit. Now im trying to decide on a Grizzly bandsaw model# G0555lx or a big screen smart tv. I hate decidions.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts