Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In Steve Ramsey's latest video (Woodworking for Mere Mortals) he features a cool "toe pincher"-style coffin shaped candy dish. I liked the idea and thought I'd make a couple. I used his concept but went with my own dimensions. I also went with a different style of bracing for the inside of the box.

I used old vegetable crates (these ones came from an Indian grocery store and once held cilantro) so mine is thinner than the one Steve Ramsey made. I think I like mine a little more. But then again, it IS mine so I may be biased.

Here's some shots of the pieces in progress:

Workbench Wood Table Tool Machine

Wood Table Hardwood Workbench Furniture

Wood Plywood woodworking

Wood Hardwood Furniture Wood stain Plywood

Wood woodworking Hardwood

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These were a nice break from the more serious projects that require things like accuracy and sanding. I mean, how accurate do Halloween decorations need to be? And since the coffins wouldn't look as "authentic" with fully milled, sanded wood I was able to leave the rough, wavy surfaces, which helped make short work of the project.

Wood Hardwood Lumber Plywood Table

Wood Hardwood Plywood woodworking Lumber

Box Wood Hardwood Wood stain Plywood

Wood Hardwood

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Box Lumber

They are finished in a coat of clear spray lacquer. My wife, our son and I all think they came out cool. I hope you'll agree. Try making some for yourself. It was a fun project. Here's a link to the WWMM video for those who might have an interest in seeing how he constructed his. Thanks to Steve at WWMM for the cool idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.