Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the last of the projects I made using my basic set of hand tools before finally making the brave purchase of a table saw. The mitre corners on this one were particularly tricky as they were all done free hand, I dont have a mitre box :eek:

Just need to get a piece of glass now to fit onto the top and its all finished..

Wood that was used, was a cheap pine (SAP) that was stained with a dark wood stain mixed with teak oil.

·
Registered
166 Posts
looks awesome. what's it standing on? is it part of the table?

what sort of joinery did you use? what was by hand?

mitered corners are easy if you just have a steady hand (and a shooting board jig for a hand plane)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres no fancy joinery going on here unfortunately, just glued the corners up and glued some reinforcing strips underneath to give it some extra strength. The bottom part that its standing on is part of the table, my wife wanted somewhere to keep all her magazines and stuff so just kind of threw this together.. There was no design or plans for this, just designed it as i built, so there a good few design flaws though..

And yes, was made completely by hand, finished this a few days before i got my TS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts