Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP CNC Trainee Job

I'm going to apply for a job tommorrow as a CNC trainee.No experience necessary.Good because I don't have any.There will prob. be 20-50 people,more qualified also applying.I've been watching videos on youtube, but does anyone have any advice on what to expect and how to conduct myself,from an employers point of view.Just figured I'd ask,would be a great job!

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Sounds corny but - don't put on any airs. Just be who you really are. I have hired alot of workers both skilled and unskilled over the years and one thing you develop by necessity is an accurate BS Meter.

I hope you get the job for your own needs. And okay, also because by coindendence, I am in dire need of some CNC routing work as we speak. Maybe you can tell your potential empoyer you already have some business to bring to the table if you get hired. ;)

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
What exactly is a "CNC?"
Celestial Navigational Charts

It's the science of mapping out a flight plan to the stars. Uh, no that ain't right. I get confused sometimes. Must be the alien abduction I have never been the same.

It means Computer Numerical Controlled (or something real close). Now that part is true. The stuff about the galaxy hopping is just my stupoid sense of humor.

A CNC router (one controled by computer software and interpreted by the hardware) can stamp out a hundred gizmos to our two on a jig. Do a youtube search their is some fascinating stuff on that site.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't hear anything yet but I doubt it.Around here about 2 hundred people apply for every job.They prob. hired a guy with 10 years experience as a trainee and are paying him $9 an hour:wallbash:
Also applied for shop help at another cnc shop.Advancement opportunity.Nothing to do but sit back and wait.
Thanks for asking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts