Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I'm not in the wrong part of the forum - newbie here.

I've wanted to have/build a CNC machine for many years. Finally getting around to doing it. I'm trying to keep the cost and complexity low so I'm constructing it from mostly hardware store parts. I did order some stepper motors and a driver board off eBay though.

In any event, here's a little Youtube video of the beginning of this project. It's the gantry and deck with drawer slides. The drawer slides on the build at the moment are only 18" and on the light side. I've ordered 28" slides that are supposed to be rated at 100 pounds. A 28" slide will cover most of the deck. I'm open to all comments, pro and certainly con too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JX7JI47Uo0&list=UU3RIdlSCWn1w0Quh6zm6M1A&index=2&feature=plcp

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies

Yep - just a few radios... (another hobby to fund and spend a lot of time on...)

And, yeah, regarding the slop I'm thinking of a few options. I'll certainly post pics as it evolves. I like the challenge of doing things a little differently. Sometimes a new technique develops along the way. Or I learn why folks stick to tried and true methods. We'll see.

Thanks again for the replies. Always appreciated.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts