Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some pic's or ideas about built ins for a closet. Typical reach in. 7 ft W x 2 ft deep. Any ideas will help. It's for my own house. I have looked at some of the things you can buy and assemble at the HD or LWs. Not what I want. Will build it from scratch. Just having a bit of NO Vision at this time. Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don't have any pics, but might try california closets site for some ideas. Still trying to figure out how to organize my latest closet, but will depend on what your putting in it and how much of everything. I like their styles because they leave the floor open. My last closet I used the modular style at HD and they work pretty well, but later couldn't find matching pieces when I needed to expand. Found it would have been better to build my own for this reason.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DW. Yeah I have been on that site. And the modulars at HD or LW's leave something to be desired. Just no imagination lately. I suppose I will just put two hangers in the center one over the other. One column of shelving to the right and on the left half a column of shelves with five drawers or so below. We'll see. If it turns out picture-worthy I'll post them here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
easy closets

Follow Jrags's link to easy closets. You can use their design software and it will give you rough dimensions, I have built three organizers using it out of Melamine w/ pine faceing. The average cost on easy closets is 13-1600 and I did it for and average of 200-300.

J
:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts