Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a great design that I have always wanted to make. After purchasing my bandsaw last month I decided there was no time like the present to get it done! I salvaged some poplar out of old kitchen cabinet face frames earlier this summer. Here's a video showing a quick build process. Have a great one folks!

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
That's too cool! :thumbsup: I haven't done a bandsaw box in quite a while. Seeing these makes want to do one soon.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
JaysCustomCreations said:
This is a great design that I have always wanted to make. After purchasing my bandsaw last month I decided there was no time like the present to get it done! I salvaged some poplar out of old kitchen cabinet face frames earlier this summer. Here's a video showing a quick build process. Have a great one folks!

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8xZETRC0So
Thanks for sharing. I need to get a new blade for my Craftsman 10" BS so that I can make these. My plan is to make a few for gifts, but I just haven't made that first one yet.

Mark

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
Very nice.
That's a tough one to make. I did one before and my blade broke.
Never finished it.

image-2286375363.jpg

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Jay, what blade did you cut these boxes with? I have a fairly new 1/8" 14 TPI blade that just won't cut the hardwood at all. Thanks.

Mark

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jay, what blade did you cut these boxes with? I have a fairly new 1/8" 14 TPI blade that just won't cut the hardwood at all. Thanks.

Mark
The problem you are most likely having is the high TPI count. I have been told you need to have no more than 20-24 teeth max in the wood at once. I went with a Highland Woodworking 3/16" 4tpi Skip Tooth blade. Highly recommended.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
The problem you are most likely having is the high TPI count. I have been told you need to have no more than 20-24 teeth max in the wood at once. I went with a Highland Woodworking 3/16" 4tpi Skip Tooth blade. Highly recommended.
While that makes sense to me, I've been told to get a good glue ready finish to use a 12-14 TPI blade. I will look for a 3-4 TPI blade, but I'd prefer a 1/8 vs a 3/16. Did the 3/16 work for you on tight turns?

Mark

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While that makes sense to me, I've been told to get a good glue ready finish to use a 12-14 TPI blade. I will look for a 3-4 TPI blade, but I'd prefer a 1/8 vs a 3/16. Did the 3/16 work for you on tight turns?

Mark
I made this project with the blade I suggested. Worked fine for me.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
I made this project with the blade I suggested. Worked fine for me.
Is that a Woodslicer or Lennox blade?

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts