Woodworking Talk banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Don't forget that you can make your own clamps. Search YouTube for "john heisz clamps", "marius hornberger clamps" and "Matthias Wandel clamps" just to name a few. Also search for "woodworking clamps", numerous other great ideas.

· Registered
Egg Spurt
3,619 Posts
I'm partial to Debuque Clampworks Universal clamps..They're made to last a lifetime.. You can find em on Amazon, but I get them from a shop in Brooklyn New York..

· Registered
A cat made me do it.
1,521 Posts
I'm partial to Debuque Clampworks Universal clamps
I don't have enough need to plan on getting them, but these are cool:
I had seen photos of the regular bar Dubuque clamps before but not these.

· Registered
1,642 Posts
Hello,

I have a very small collection of mostly plastic clamps and I'm looking to add some pipe or parallel clamps for longer clamping. Any suggestions of brands that make good quality clamps of these variety and don't break the bank?

-Mike
90% of my clamps are Jorgenson bar clamps. I have a few pipe clamps for really long (over 4 foot) clamping that don't get used that often. I have around 25- 6", 15-24" and a dozen or so 36". I can handle any clamping situation with these. I know some guys love the parallel clamps but I always found them pricey and never had a need for them as I usually use cauls or other operations to insure flat/square glue ups. I do have a few Bessey band clamps that rarely get used but are nice when I need to glue up something funky. If you are just getting started I would started off with a few 6",24" and 2 or so 36" decent quality bar clamps. It should handle 90% of what you need.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts