Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I don't know if this means anything but, when mousing over the pic in the link for the zoom application, it shows different clamp. :huh:

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,509 Posts
Maybe it's me but my one good eye says that the clamping pressure is out of square. Just looking at the pictures the swivel cup seems to be 1/8" off perpendicular.

As pressure is applied by the clamp I can envision the two pieces of wood moving. DUNNO

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just came from Ace Hardware. The sale tag was in front of the 3706 clamps, but all the clamps were gone. I asked a salesman if the sale was for the 3706 which is the standard duty clamp-still a decent clamp, and he nor anyone else in the store could tell by the SKU number. Their regular price was 11.99.

I had him order 20 for me with the agreement that if they were not the 3706 model, that I wouldn't want them and that would be okay. I do a lot of business with them though, and they all know me.

There is a lighter duty model, but it has a -LD after the model number. I have a few of the deep engagement heavy duty ones, but these are well worth having a bunch at 5 bucks a piece.

The sale is through the end of the month, so maybe the ones I had them order will get here well before then.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Two years ago I got an Ace gift card, but the nearest store is 30 miles away. I don't really need clamps but I thought this might be a chance to get rid of it. No dice, they don't take gift cards on line.
What kind of #$%@ company don't take its own gift cards.

·
Registered
930 Posts
My local ad on the ACE website shows these for $4.99 so I printed it to take to Home Depot in the morning and I'll post back if they price match plus the 10%.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.