Woodworking Talk banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
they have to be tapered so the work piece is pushing into the face when tightened.
google cole jaws and you will see

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
they have to be tapered so the work piece is pushing into the face when tightened.
google cole jaws and you will see
Got it -- the taper direction is "thin at the plate, fat at the tip of the pin" ... to me, that is "flared".

(As opposed to what I call "tapered" which is it gets thinner as you progress towards the end of the pin.)

Just a terminology thing. I also call them "petrol stations" and pronounce it "toe-mah-toe" :laughing:

edit ... LOL -- I just saw in your one of your other posts that you're in the UK -- guess my pronunciation wouldn't make you blink at all ;D

·
Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
[QUOTE

Just a terminology thing. I also call them "petrol stations" and pronounce it "toe-mah-toe" :laughing:

[/QUOTE]
I call them "tuh may toe" or "maters" here in kantucky lol
if the bowl edges were straight wouldnt the straght rubber things be beter?

·
Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
well i called and griped over the weekend so they gave me the shipping cost back and shipped it today 2nd day air and i even got my email conformation
im excited now

·
Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
so here is an update
i have been tracking my package expecting to get it today and low and behold it showed up butttttt
i also recieved a 2nd one
some how both came today
no tracking # or email or nothing on the first one and it too 12 days to get here
so now i have 2
what to do what to do

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
so here is an update
i have been tracking my package expecting to get it today and low and behold it showed up butttttt
i also recieved a 2nd one
some how both came today
no tracking # or email or nothing on the first one and it too 12 days to get here
so now i have 2
what to do what to do
You get two, I get none. My package arrived yesterday but it contained somebody else's order - a pen disassembly pliers, nothing chuck-shaped at all. Customer support sent me a label to return it and promised to get my order shipped today by 2-day delivery.

Maybe you got my chuck? (Does it have a green invoice in the box?)

·
Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
they sure seem to mess up alot
but i got mine
and im sure sorry you didnt get yours
it took me a total of 10 days before i got mine

21 - 28 of 28 Posts