Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I got a pretty good deal on some stuff today.....picked up a craftsman 10" hybrid table saw with a Vega professional fence and sled. A brand new 8" Dado set...and the gentlemen decided to be nice and throw in a Bosch table top router table.

ALL FOR $250 !!!!!!

I'm a beginner at woodworking and don't know much about tools and their value but that seemed like a good deal.

Moulder Machine Tool Wood shaper Machine tool

Tool Table saws Table saw Machine Jointer

Electronics Record player Cooktop Technology

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Wow, where do you find a deal like that? Was he hard up for money or what? That saw alone with that fence if probably worth closer to $500. The router table is a bit small. I have one about that size and its a pain to work with but it works great in a pinch and you surely cant beat the price of free!!:thumbsup:

What kind of dado stack came with it?

·
Registered
834 Posts
You sir suck for sure!

You got a great deal for sure.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Vtomic, I think you got a pretty good deal. That Bosch router table (RA1171) retails for about $189. And that's for the table only (even new it doesn't come with a router).

I don't know what brand the dado set is but, even a low end set is going to run you at least $60.00. So even if you consider the used router table to be worth only 1/2, that's $94.50. Plus the new dado stack for $60 = $154.50.

That leaves $95.50 for the table saw setup, which is actually worth - I'm only guessing here - somewhere around $200 used (maybe more with the upgrade fence).

So I'd say you did pretty well. :thumbsup: I'd certainly feel good about the deal on your end. What brand is the dado stack?

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Just for referance, that saw sold new for around $550. The fence new is around $275.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow, has that router table even been used? Looks brand new. That saw looks very nice as well. I guess I'd have gotten burned if I was buying that, I'd have paid a good $400 for it all. How is that saw only worth $200 used? I don't know much about putting a value on things but I'd think it was worth more. Do they generally just assume 50% of original cost no matter how good the condition is?

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
That's my kind of deal. I have that exact table saw (and router table too) but with the original fence. Absolutely love it. Someday I will upgrade to a cabinet saw, but I'm confident this saw will last me many years to come. As for the router table, I just upgraded to the Grizzly 32x22 table. Much better size.

Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He definitely was not up on hard times. He said he has kiddo #6 on the way and just no time for anything. I saw the add on Craigslist last night. By the time I called in the morning he said offers were coming in left and right.

The Dado set brand is Mibro, not sure if that's a good one or not.

·
Registered
147 Posts
All I can say is there really must be a Santa Claus. That is a awesome deal. That's what I need to run across, a nice hybrid saw that has good dust collection and can still be moved some if needed. Way to go! Enjoy!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Awesome score. The saw/fence for $250 is already a smoking deal let alone the other goodies; it's the type that when you get a hold of the guy you drop everything and get there immediately. Merry Christmas!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I spent about three hours today cleaning the top and fixing the entire fence set up. The previous owner had bolted the rails way off. Left side of the trail was the correct 1/16 from the top and the right side was about 7/16 from the top. (I knew it was crooked when I saw it from 30ft away :)). Which was causing the fence to bottom out when moving it to the right.

It now runs and does what it was designed to do. Wife is already putting together a lengthy honey-do list!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts