Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, last piece was glued up this morning. Tonight/tomorrow will be all about the finish work. woo freakin hoo. I hate finish work.

Here's a shot of all the stuff turned on the lathe. I have 5 things left to make, but for people I will see after christmas (3 deer grunt calls and 2 pizza cutters).

Here is the jewelery box I've made for my niece. It's tiger maple on the top, and cherry drawer fronts and sides. Once it gets a coat of finish, it should pop out a bit more.

These are the wine boxes I made for family/friends. In each box will be a bottle of our home made wine (either a Chilean Malbec or Resling Chinen Blanc, both Winexpert Limited Editions from last year), one of the bottle stoppers in the first pic and one of the pocket corkscrews. There are three boxes with Paduk ends, three with Purpleheart.

Overall shot of everything. Not seen are the two quilt racks that are almost finished, but not quite. Again, these are going to family members I am seeing after New Years, so I put them aside to finish up the stuff I need by Christmas (and really needed to be done by tomorrow night, as we leave for her side of the family this friday afternoon).

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Looks like somebody's been VERY busy. Those are great. Next year my plan is to start Christmas gift making in August. I guess time will tell how that works out.

Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot. Truth be told, I started everything the weekend of Thanksgiving. now, not having kids most definitely helps. Playing in two different hockey leagues, probably not so much.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Someone is going to have a great Christmas.

Nice work indeed.

Now please tell me, what are the items in the lower right corner of the first photo? Pens, openers, stoppers, scoops, and screws I know, but those things escape me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
seam rippers. I have alot of sewers/quilters in the family. they are double ended, one small ripper, one large ripper.

I got a coat of BLO on the jewelery case, looks very nice, and a coat of wipe on poly on the wine boxes. Really made the paduk pop. Hope to get a coat or two on tomorrow to finish it all up.

Sorry for the ugly towel, that's what I use to cover my table on my bandsaw to help with rust/moisture. You can see now why it was relegated to the shop!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Oh my goodness, that's a lot of finishing to do IN ONE DAY! I couldn't do it.

That jewelry box reminds me of a stack cake. Nice work on everything. I'm not to that level yet for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts