Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to come up with an idea for a Christmas gift for my nephew who's 10. He loves building and putting things together. Looking for some sort of wood kit for building something fun. He isn't sharp with glue yet so model cars aren't a good idea. Looking for something more along the lines of a kit he can nail/bolt/screw together with minimal gluing. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I bought a couple wooden kits last year from Home Depot. Actually, I think I got them at Toys R Us, but they were Home Depot branded and in bright orange packaging. They had wooden cars, planes, trains, etc that were built with small nails or wood glue. They even came with a paint set. I think price was under $10 a piece and my kids enjoyed them.

·
Registered
367 Posts
they make model cars that snap togeather......they are awesome. get out the paints and let him custom paint it and then it just snaps together.

oh and legos......hours and hours of fun. they have kits from a few bucks to hundreds of bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.