Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christmas is getting near and I am up to my a... in boxes- all kinds of boxes- they are addictive. walnut and Big leaf maple-enjoy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
General wipe on- and then antique wax- lids do not have wax yet. The wax can be gloss our satin- I chose satin- feels so smooth.
The curly walnut is nice but spendy- the maple is pretty cheap- I just bought a pallet of guitar blank rejects- nice wood for boxes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All us Pacific Northwesterners need to have a little get together. Maybe a wood swap or our own mini project swap. Nice boxes btw.
Sounds like a great Idea- when and where- ellensburg in the spring- anybody that has not seen a mt. sheep can go down the Yakima river gorge and see a bunch......

·
Registered
618 Posts
Where did you find the guitar blank pallets? And curly walnut is expensive, but definitely looks worth it. How spendy is spendy? We talking like $15-20/bdft?

Depending on when/where I may be up to heading somewhere.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did you find the guitar blank pallets? And curly walnut is expensive, but definitely looks worth it. How spendy is spendy? We talking like $15-20/bdft?

Depending on when/where I may be up to heading somewhere.
Depends on how curly- a lot of it goes to knife, pistol grips, fishing nets and bows- They are crazy about it. How much do you need?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After christmas- one of us needs to start a thread on a PNW get together- does not matter where to me- it would be fun. Lets just make somewhere where all of us do not have to enjoy your wonderful traffic. :censored::thumbdown:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice work. Such beautiful woods! Makes me feel like anything I've used is boring to the max.

I'm up here in PNW as well. From Richland (Tri-Cities) but currently residing in Tacoma area. My work space in on the east side of the state though, so I have to plan ahead on projects!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice work. Such beautiful woods! Makes me feel like anything I've used is boring to the max.

I'm up here in PNW as well. From Richland (Tri-Cities) but currently residing in Tacoma area. My work space in on the east side of the state though, so I have to plan ahead on projects!
We are almost neighbors- Spokane valley here.

·
crosseyed & dyslexic
589 Posts
Mike those are sweet! That curly wood is beautiful. I'm in for a get together as well. Matter of fact I was talking with Steve about heading over to his shop after the holidays.

Great boxes, and I'm sure I'll enjoy mine for a long time :laughing:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts