Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
WoodTurner
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a newbie at selling, and I am wondering has anyone had any luck selling Bracelets?
People look at them for a while and say how nice they are and then walk away. I was selling them for $15.00 if I go any less it's not worth the effort.
But the Wands were a big hit.

Vince

·
Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
i made and sold a couple about the same price
i didnt think it was bad for that but im not the buyer
yours look really nice too btw

·
Registered
58 Posts
You do nice work....I've tried seeling my segmented bowls at craft shows with not much success. I get the same reaction that you have been getting.....So, I'm still lookin' for a way to market this stuff before we have to move out of the house.....I really think craft shows are for selling cheap stuff.....I think wood workers need a central marketing place for hand crafted custom one of pieces that you can't find at Walmart.....Oh well I'll just keep spinnin' that stuff and hope the wood fairy waves her magic wand in my face......Ha!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I was at a woodcarving show last February, and a guy had a display with an assortment of bracelets on a rack. Some ordinary and plain, some segmented, but all were "roughly" finished. (in no way would I have considered these finished and ready for sale). But they were 3 bucks each. My wife and her friend bought 4 each. He made them "just good enuff" to sell. And sell they did.

·
WoodTurner
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments.
I did talk to a couple of the other vendors and they suggested to go to the more established Arts and Craft shows and my stuff will sell better at even a higher price. But the space is a higher price.
Well I just do what everyone else is doing and keep at it, mainly because it's a lot of fun doing the shows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts