Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a chisel for a buck. I liked the shape, but I have not delved into the world of vintage chisels. After some research I found out it was a Stanley Everlast which is a pretty nice tool. I cleaned it up, and found it had a Bakelite handle with red marbling. All of the literature I found said the Everlast had hickory handle. Does anyone have any info on my chisel that could help identify and date it?

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
I picked up a chisel for a buck. I liked the shape, but I have not delved into the world of vintage chisels. After some research I found out it was a Stanley Everlast which is a pretty nice tool. I cleaned it up, and found it had a Bakelite handle with red marbling. All of the literature I found said the Everlast had hickory handle. Does anyone have any info on my chisel that could help identify and date it?

The handle could have been missing and fitted like it is. Post a picture of it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
image-1302601391.jpg
Mine is just like this, but 3/4 inch. The link with the pic calls it an Everlast plus 100. It's price pretty high, but this is all of the info I have found.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
image-1733390289.jpg

The description says its an Everlast plus 100. I can't find any more info on this. I'll post a pic of mine when I get to the house.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. This link reminded me of Roses antique tools site and their PDF Stanley catalogues. I got this from the 1934 catalogue.

image-288481053.jpg

image-2420461549.jpg

Still no mention of Bakelite handles. And I think the rubber handles mentioned are the black with red logo.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found this in another blog. Anyone have a copy of the 1929 Stanley catalogue or the "Walter" book they are talking about??

image-3831507578.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts