Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a number of really nice craftsman bench tool from a guy who was downsizing his shop. He and I hit it off pretty good and he gave me his bench jointer which had a faceplate saying RAND Bench Planer, model M1BT-ZT-155X2.5. There was no manual so I went to Google and find it is a Chinese make, from YONGKANG , Zhejiang , China (mainland) under the names Great Eagle or Zhejiang Everfine Electric Appliance Group. No manual found.

I have looked all over the net. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to go to locate hard to find manuals? I know how to use the tool, but I really like to take a good read over the manual before I use any tool a lot.:mellow:

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
27,274 Posts
Unless the company is still in business, the only thing you can do is keep searching the net especially ebay. Pretty much, a jointer is a jointer. There are 13 manuals for other model jointers on ebay right now. It just wouldn't help you for replacement parts.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Lets see a picture of it. Maybe it is a knock off of a name brand that we can find a manual for.

OT, but when I saw the post title I immediately thought of the Warren Zevon song Werewolves of London. "I saw a werewolf with a Chinese Jointer Manual in his hand...AAAoooo Werewolves of London."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts