Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post my last delivery for the week.

The draws are made from cheap old pine, in South Africa there's three grades of pine, clears or select, furniture and industrial. The industrial is the cheapest because it's the one with the most broken knots, twist and warp etc...

My client is not well off financially and so I decided to use the industrial to keep her costs down, and it finished off beautifully! Even better than some of her "high" end furniture she'd bought when times were good. I used a 2-part laquer sprayed outdoors because the spray booth was full. I also used an penetrating Meranti stain wiped onto the timber, and then added 10% of Mahogany p-stain to my spray.

Just goes to show, put a little extra time and effort in and the results are usually worth it!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Complements on a really sharp,clean,crisp piece.:thumbsup:

I hope you don't mind if I make a comment when fitting a base board I like to fit the face piece a min of 1 1/2" to 2" back from the face it gives people some where to put their toes.

BTW feel free to ignore my comment.

well done:thumbsup:. Billy

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Complements on a really sharp,clean,crisp piece.:thumbsup:

I hope you don't mind if I make a comment when fitting a base board I like to fit the face piece a min of 1 1/2" to 2" back from the face it gives people some where to put their toes.

BTW feel free to ignore my comment.

well done:thumbsup:. Billy
Don't mind at all. I was planning on cutting a saddleback or something into the base board but the client veto'd that idea. I may do another one with a cutout or the way you mention.

·
Banned
6,838 Posts
Very nice and it says allot about you that you put in extra effort to minimize cost yet still put out quality work. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts