Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some 30year old cherry that came with the family homestead we purchased 4 years ago. This is wood that was used by my wife's great grandfather to make furniture. So for a Christmas gift for her dad I made this Cherry end table out of his grandfather's wood. The table is 30" tall and 19" square. Top is glued up boards to make the panel, legs are also glued up boards to achieve the 2" square top, which begins to taper after the upper 6" and ends as 1" square feet. Side aprons are 4" with mortise and tenon joinery, a first for me. The drawer box is made from hard maple with rabbited corners. For a finish I applied Danish oil which was allowed a week to dry. That was top coated with three coats of Satin urethane, then waxed. The knob was turned from a solid piece of cherry.

Furniture Table Shelf

Shelf Furniture Shelving Table Wood

Sorry for the sideways pictures, they are correct on the camera. I am not sure what happened.

Lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.