Registered
955 Posts
Guns are COOL !! :yes::thumbsup:
Very nice work there Kevin.
I recognize and like most o' yer collection too :yes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Very nice! I want to build a gun cabinet for myself. Did you use plans, or designed it yourself? Good looking wood choice as well.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I designed it myself i looked around at pictures online and measures some guns and drew something up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Personally I like the doors....

That happens to me a lot of times when I build something. I'll be unhappy about something that no one else seems to notice. :lol:

·
Woodaholic
40 Posts
Personally I like the doors....

That happens to me a lot of times when I build something. I'll be unhappy about something that no one else seems to notice. :lol:
That's because we are our own worst critics. I'm the same way. I notice every flaw in my projects.

I like the cabinet. Very nice work. Kudos!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few more pictures. I think im going to hide a switch up top behind the molding. so you cant see it. I didnt like the idea of having to try to hide wires coming down in side the cabinet to put a switch on the front. I also thought it would look kind of cheap that way.

Attachments

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
Cabinet and doors look great to me.
Is that a locking cabinet? Can't tell from pics.

·
REDACTED
196 Posts
Kevin, that looks absolutely fantastic! :eek:

I need to make a couple smaller display cabinets for a couple display-only guns I have.....I guarantee they won't look *THAT* good! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,245 Posts
I love it. Great looking. I especially liked the second picture with the knots. Fore some unknown reason I just like knots in wood. To me it adds personality.

Geoprge

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
I love it!! Very nice work!! I even like the doors!!

As for the locks, they dont serve much purpose on a glass front cabinet unless you have kids in the home.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love it!! Very nice work!! I even like the doors!!

As for the locks, they dont serve much purpose on a glass front cabinet unless you have kids in the home.
No kids in the house im the youngest and im 21 lol Im going to put locks on incase i ever have little rascals running around.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Very nice work. The Walnut and the Cherry combination speaks well.

For legal purposes, I believe some states require that each rifle has a trigger lock, preventing use by children defined as anyone under the age of 16.

Reactions: Kevin07
1 - 20 of 33 Posts