Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
HSpencer
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont use my scroll saw all that much but want it handy when I need it. Mounted it on an old hardwood cabinet door, added a lamp mount and some metal clamp down pads. Easy set up and stores on the wall when I am done with it, and it is out of the way. No cost, and worked out great for my shop.

Best Regards
Herb Spencer

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Wall mount?

I'm in a 2 car garage with room for only 1 car and only 3 usable walls, all of which are currently being used. My scroll saw weighs around 60 lbs. so there is no wall mount anyway, for fear of the wall coming down. As often, rarely, as I need it, I simply place the scroll saw on a table, do my thing, then replace it under the table. But I do really love your floor finish.

Jimmy

·
Registered
292 Posts
I wish I had the wall space to hang mine. I just keep it on a shelf underneath my grinders. I'm wanting to make a flip table with the planer on one side and the scroll saw on the other.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Small workshops are challenging... and leads to innovations. Well done. My shop is 24 X 24 which is larger then a lot of space some folks have, but still a challenge at times. A low ceiling is a challenge for me, so I am going to dismantle my work bench next week and rebuild it as a "height adjustable" workbench. A few folks here have already given me some ideas so I'm going ahead with my plans.:smile:

·
Registered
485 Posts
nostrildamus???

And I thought durdyolman was bad. Youse gotta bee a wouldworker. Prolly got sum dust upp yer snoot? Nice lookin shop anywho, huh?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Small workshops are challenging... and leads to innovations. Well done. My shop is 24 X 24 which is larger then a lot of space some folks have, but still a challenge at times. A low ceiling is a challenge for me, so I am going to dismantle my work bench next week and rebuild it as a "height adjustable" workbench. A few folks here have already given me some ideas so I'm going ahead with my plans.:smile:
.Bernie, are you too tall, or too short? Is the ceiling too low or too high? Ooops, now I see the ceiling is too low. Rather than rearranging the shop, perhaps you could remove a few inches from your ankles, maybe with the scroll saw. On the other hand..there are 2 fingers and a thumb.
jk

·
HSpencer
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does your scroll saw vibrate much like that? BTW I like your color-coordinated shop
Thanks for your question. No, there is little to no vibrations as I have it tight against the workbench, and I also added rubber strips to the bottom of the board. My saw is not one of those expensive ones, but I have been able to mount it and using high quality blades it works pretty well. If I did more scroll saw work, I would buy the Excaliber 16 inch saw which is about $575.00. I just can't justify it now though.

Thanks for the comments on the shop as well. I have my shop posted on the "Show us your shop" thread here.

Best Regards
Herb Spencer

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thanks for sharing. This is a great idea. I use mine so infrequently but is does take up some valuable shelf space. I'll have to poke around and check out any available spots on the wall. I've got one pof the old Ridgid scrollsaws, so it's not a big, heavy one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts