Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I already cut the mortises for my daughters mission arm chair I had to find a way to slope the back with out cutting the backs below the seat. I saw this jig in Woodsmith Mag Vol 33 No. 195 page 32. This jig was designed for a post bed but I thought it would work well with my back legs for my chair. THis jig is designed to be used on a table saw.

Attachments

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
Because I already cut the mortises for my daughters mission arm chair I had to find a way to slope the back with out cutting the backs below the seat. I saw this jig in Woodsmith Mag Vol 33 No. 195 page 32. This jig was designed for a post bed but I thought it would work well with my back legs for my chair. THis jig is designed to be used on a table saw.
The way you have that jig set up looks like it's set up for use on the table saw with the fence to the left of the bade.

·
where's my table saw?
27,753 Posts
rotate the jig 180 degrees

Unless I'm full of sawdust that oughta do it....Hard to tell from that pix tho :huh: bill

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
Unless I'm full of sawdust that oughta do it....Hard to tell from that pix tho :huh: bill
When I make those push jigs, that little stop at the bottom edge in the picture is the pusher for the piece. At least that's how I see it. If it's flipped 180, that would be fed in first, and the subject piece could get dislodged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts