Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got ahold of a bunch of nice cedar for about $.37/board foot. The sandbox still needs a roof and a cover but its getting close. Planning to line the inside with plastic to keep the sand off the wood and hopefully extend the life of it

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm planning on making a lightweight canvas cover that the kids can remove without my help. I agree, cat poop is not desired, but in the meantime my giant dog should keep the cats away. He loves them...they hate him

·
Registered
656 Posts
That will be a great and fun project for the kids. They always like to play with the sand and the toys. Like that there will be roof, rain or shine, they will still be busy playing inside the sandbox. Can't wait to see it done.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a question at this point. I was planning to put a metal roof on it but the more I think about it, a polebarn-style roof will probably look kinda junky. At the very least it will detract from the nice cedar. Most of the cedar I have left is 2" thick and I really don't have a bandsaw equipped to resaw it at this point, so a cedar roof is not in the cards. Thinking about framing the roof as previously planned and using a tightly stretched canvas roof to go with the canvas cover. Can anyone think of a compelling reason not to do this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.