Registered
Termite
4,515 Posts
Curious if you've tried to sell these?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I haven't tried selling but a friend offered to buy one. I gave it to her, it was going to be a gift for her dad. I don't want what is now a fun hobby to turn into a job. There are plenty of charity auctions that will be happy to take any extras off of my hands.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Firebird, I apologize for hijacking your thread, I get carried away talking about cars and trucks. I do want to make some models cars and trucks, especially the 29 stake bed truck with side boards. Also the car like John Boy had on the Waltons.
I don't remember what John Boy drove and I don't plan on watching any re-runs to find out.

·
Registered
Termite
4,515 Posts
I haven't tried selling but a friend offered to buy one. I gave it to her, it was going to be a gift for her dad. I don't want what is now a fun hobby to turn into a job. There are plenty of charity auctions that will be happy to take any extras off of my hands.
Many say that. It was my living but I still enjoy it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Since winter doesn't seem to want to give up and I thought my F-1 pick-up needed more detailing here is my latest project.
The charity auctions better start soon, I'm running out of shelf space and still want to do a rumble seat coupe before the weather warms up and the real cars come out to play.

IMGP2717.JPG IMGP2720.JPG IMGP2727.JPG IMGP2728.JPG

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I took a break from the shop for a while and did some improvements in our utility room. I was showing a friend my work and he really likes the '27 roadster. I told him he could have it as long as I could keep it here until I could duplicate it first. Of course that required adding more detail so a rumble seat was added.
Also, since my last post here I have started making my own wheels. It took the best part of a week and of course the purchase of more tools.
IMGP2763.JPG
IMGP2764.JPG IMGP2755.JPG IMGP2759.JPG IMGP2761.JPG

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Had time for one more before convertible weather gets here.
This one is patterned after a Ford Model A with a "Huckster" conversion body. A local collection here has one on display that I was able to take a lot of pictures of.
IMGP2780.JPG

My plan is to see if the Gallery is interested in either displaying it along with the actual vehicle or possibly using it in a fundraiser auction.
IMGP2810.JPG
IMGP2799 (2).JPG
IMGP2806 (3).JPG

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well the warm weather didn't show up as planed so I was back out in the shop.I thought a Model A pickup might turn out nice so that's what I tried. Not sure that Ford ever made a five window Model A truck but I did. I also made new style wheels
The next one of these I make is going to have a spare mounted in front of the right rear wheel recessed into the fender.
IMGP2819.JPG
IMGP2820.JPG
IMGP2817.JPG

·
Super Moderator
5,220 Posts
I see you are getting more detailed on each build. I just started a 29 Ford Stakebed. I always liked that truck so I figured I would give it a try. I got news for you, these wooden models are no where as easy as I thought they would be. It is fun trying to figure out how to make some of the parts. Some times it is frustrating when I have to remake or modify a part because I got in a rush and made the part like the plan showed. The plans aren't exact for sure. Or maybe it is that I don't follow instructions like the plan says. lol
Here is a photo of the truck I want to build, this one is not mine, I doubt mine will ever look as good. I am making all my own parts, I am not buying ready made parts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Does that truck have operating doors? I have kicked that around but haven't tried it yet.
How detailed are the plans for the wheels? I like those.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I was showing some of my work to a friend who just retired from a dump truck driving career and he mentioned that he would like a model of a truck. I was kicking around what to do next and it just clicked. I had already make a set of wheels and the engine radiator and cowl so it made for a good start.
IMGP2858.JPG
IMGP2860.JPG
IMGP2864.JPG

Up next, a Point Beer (local small town brewery) delivery truck for my brother-in-law who collects all things Point Beer.

·
Super Moderator
5,220 Posts
I was showing some of my work to a friend who just retired from a dump truck driving career and he mentioned that he would like a model of a truck. I was kicking around what to do next and it just clicked. I had already make a set of wheels and the engine radiator and cowl so it made for a good start.
View attachment 429305 View attachment 429306 View attachment 429307

Up next, a Point Beer (local small town brewery) delivery truck for my brother-in-law who collects all things Point Beer.
I like your truck Hank. I am sorry I didn't see your above post for some reason until just now. No I didn't make the doors to open on this one. I plan to make the rumble seat open on the 30 Ford roadster I am fixing to build. The wheels are not that hard to make if you have a lathe and drill press. I made mine like Kenbo here on the forum made his wheels but a little different:

Below is a couple of photos of my 29 Ford Stakebed and the front wheels of the truck, the rear wheels are different. I can post a photo of the rear wheels if you like and I will be glad to tell you how to make them if you want me too.
29 Ford Truck.jpg
Truck 3.jpg
29 Ford Wheel.jpg

·
Super Moderator
Retired Craftsman
4,542 Posts
Kudos to the both of you !!!
ya'll've got way more patience than me.
job well done for both of your projects.

Reactions: BigJim
21 - 39 of 39 Posts