Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked on the carriage house workshop this week. Had to make space for a saw till and plane cabinet I will be building. For now, general carpentry. Installed french cleats, a sandpaper cabinet and miscellaneous tool hangers to get organized. The remaining space is for the till and plane cabinet. These will not be "shop grade" work, but a chance to practice some inlay joinery and other inlay work. I can't wait to start the fun stuff, but, as always, organizing a small shop is a requirement to maintaining workspace.

As someone who loves to restore things, it is fulfilling to have completed the french cleat and associated projects from scrap on hand.

Attachments

Reactions: difalkner

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
I like the look of your work bench. I still have my old alloy frame workmate but finding modern ones too heavy for me. Yours look as if made from strong plastic...is it?
good work. Makes me feel guilty at the state of my sheds.
johnep

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The old Black and Decker workmate is made of steel. Very heavy. Found it in the carriage house when we bought the home. The wood top was destroyed by flooding and the frame was a rust bucket. Cleaned it up and painted it. Made a new top from an old particle board desk top I found. Added some oak jaws. It has served well in its second life.

Reactions: difalkner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts