Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure how I got to this site. I was actually looking for info on block paver and got here. Fate? Destiny? Your bad luck? Who knows.

I am a 4th generation woodworker and recently opened my own shop. Recently being about 2.5 years ago. How time does fly. The shop focuses more on architectural woodwork. We do entry systems, garage doors, trim, furniture etc. We also do cabinets and kitchens, but I try to shy away form that. If you have built one kitchen, you have basically built them all. I have been building kitchens and counters in my dad's shop since I was a tyke and am darn tired of building boxes and I'm not even 30 yet.

That's it. It is late here and I hadn't planned on being on the computer this long so I am just going to call it a night...actually early morning. Later.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
"Careful, I'm Norwegian" ??? Haha. You fellas are a notoriously tough and hardy lot. :thumbsup:

But seriously, I know what you mean about tiring of building "boxes". I guess that's one reason I have been sketching natural form furniture in my mind so that when I get back to the woodshop I won't fall into that same old trap of 90 degree angles, S4S, and "perfect" angles, edges, and joints.
In a way, I have been wanting to sort of "start all over."

Maybe you could post some pictures sometime. Welcome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If things slow down this winter, they usually don't, I would like to try to find time to get a website together. We have been wanting one for months now, but haven't managed the time to do anything about it. But there will be lots of photos on there and I for sure will post a link to it.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts