Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not exactly high end, because my wife wanted paint. But here is a captains bed that I made for my son. I added it to my website, and surprisingly got five requests that lead to 3 orders of different configurations in the first week. I was really surprised.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You did a nice job. Looks real comfy. Those are great for the storage you get, from usually unused floor space. What did you use for the cabinet, drawer fronts and drawers? Did you spray it?
Thank you for the compliment. It is a big help storage wise. The other side of the bed has three large drawers instead of the six small. My wife is planning to rearrange the boys room so she can reposition the bed and utilize both sides.

My plan was to knock out a bed from scraps, and cross one more thing over my wifes seemingly endless project list.
The cabinet is birch ply. The drawers are poplar, and the drawer fronts are mdf. with just a simple ogee around the egdes.

And Yep I sprayed it.

Kinda at the low end of what I enjoy doing, but this little project is turning out to be a profitable rainy day project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts