Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! This is my first post on here.

I am looking to build a cedar strip canoe, and have been looking online at the different blueprints and forms for the canoe, and they range about 60$ for just the PDFs.

I was wondering if y'all had any blueprints and forms, or knew where to get them for a little cheaper?

Thanks Much,
Will

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I've spent a lot of the last 18 months considering building a canoe. While I haven't actually done it yet, I recommend paying for the plans. There are a lot of odd curves that go into a canoe, and I'm told it's harder to build than you'd expect.

If you're not tied to the idea of strip building, the book "The Canoe Shop" looked quite good. I have a copy, and it's got just about everything you'd need to get going.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've spent a lot of the last 18 months considering building a canoe. While I haven't actually done it yet, I recommend paying for the plans. There are a lot of odd curves that go into a canoe, and I'm told it's harder to build than you'd expect.

If you're not tied to the idea of strip building, the book "The Canoe Shop" looked quite good. I have a copy, and it's got just about everything you'd need to get going.
Yeah... Im not hellbent on strip building, but I do think they are very nice looking. I will look into that book though.

·
where's my table saw?
29,176 Posts

·
Dan Gallagher
86 Posts

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts