Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well maybe not cancelled but it is pouring rain and I am not going. I worked every day except 1 for over 2 weeks making things for this show now they are just sitting here :censored::censored:.

Since this is a big part of my income I am less than happy about it since it is always a good show. Now I need to find some more to book to add to my show list and try to make up for lost sales. :furious:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Is this an indoor show? Up (UP of Michigan) here we prefer rain because people can't get out and work in the yard, so they gravitate to something indoors. I have had my best shows on rainy weekends.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I have been doing farmers markets this year. One small town near by does their on Thursday afternoon; 4pm to 7 pm. They have had rain on everyone except one since starting the first week in June. Oh, yes it is outdoors.
Tom

·
Sawing against the Wind
2,383 Posts
That's terrible...that's why I don't risk outdoor shows....woods not very forgiving once soaked. I hope you find some more shows.

What show are/were you at??

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's terrible...that's why I don't risk outdoor shows....woods not very forgiving once soaked. I hope you find some more shows.

What show are/were you at??
This was the 4th of July show in Sewanee at the college. Outdoor shows can bring in a lot of $ but you do deal with the weather. I might do the one in Auburntown in a few weeks and I want to do the goat festival in Lewisburg in Sept.

Looking for more in the middle Tennessee area that I can afford.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I used to photograph for Jenni Stephenson who lives near Sewannee, TN. She does Bronze scuptures of animals. Don't know if she does any shows in Sewannee. We did a show together in Cookeville just recently to raise money for an animal shelter. Her pieces were there but didn't see her.
Art shows are very much like farming. Weather can kill you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts