Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just quit now

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started wood turning a few months ago, and had someone photograph and make a website for my work. I would like to get it reviewed by some of my peers.

thewoodbutcher.org
woodbutcher1.etsy.com

Thank you

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Nice site, good photography, nice the way you link the pics to an etsy page. All in all works pretty well. I like the nice light look ... no dark images, lots of sunshine.

As a personal preference, I'd suggest you drop the 3rd person and speak directly. No one in their right mind thinks that anyone other than you wrote the stuff and talking about yourself in the 3rd person seems a bit stiff to me. Again, this is just a personal preference of mine. I know that some people feel it is more professional to pretend that you are someone else when you write about yourself and your work.

Paul

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have to agree with Paul. The photography is fantastic and the lighting on the subjects is great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its written in the 3rd person, because its not written by me, but by my daughter who manages all this stuff. I'll let her know, thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
20 Posts
For a beginner that started to turn not so long ago I may say you have something going there. "Great Work", and your Website is Great.

David

·
4Woodturning
352 Posts
Very nice website, the only thing i think you might need is to change the background. its a little distracting, my eyes are drawn to it and off your info on your site. loading time is very nice, and very easy navigation make your site user friendly. also be sure to summit it to search engines, I didn't find it in a Google search.
Jeff

2 Posts
Well I'm pretty new to turning myself so I'm not sure that my word counts for a hell of a lot on here but I found your site easy to navigate, your work absolutely beautiful, and the fact that it's all reclaimed wood counts for a lot to me and many others. Simply put don't change a thing!!

Keep up the good work!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts