My first thought was also TransTint, so I looked up the MSDS which describes it as toxic. Even if it's not toxic once it's dried, the perception by the customer might be otherwise.
My second thought was that if it's going to be used as a food prep area, it's likely that over time the dye will wear off in places and look bad. Even TransTint only penetrates a short distance in rock maple.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to professional woodworkers and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about shop safety, wood, carpentry, lumber, finishing, tools, machinery, woodworking related topics, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!