Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
To me it looks like a common square edged base with a common cove molding on top.
The decorative strip below looks something like this:
So. Just use commonly available pre-cut molding and no special router bit or molding cutter is needed.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would like to create a baseboard similar to the one below. What kind of router bit would be similar to this?

Thanks in advance for advice!

View attachment 441091
Likely done on a molding machine, or possibly a spindle shaper. If you can get a piece of the profile, or template it, contact W. Moore Profiles in Florida, NY. They also have a facility in N.C.. I used them quite a bit for matching profiles. They can duplicate any profile as a router bit, shaper cutter, insert tooling, or molder cutter for any make or model you have. Outstanding work and always a quick turnaround. Moore Profiles - Homepage

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Definitely 2 pieces of trim, your picture from 80 feet away isn't helping you. I'm not seeing what others are. Looks like 5/4 x6 with a bead plus a small ¾" ogee on top

It wouldn't hurt to post a better picture

Invented of course on top
Rectangle Plant Slope Triangle Font

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This has truly been the best help! Above and beyond. I didn't think of stacking existing molding. I wish the pic quality was better. I found it online and cropped it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think which way you go (lots of ideas above) depends on where you are going to use the new baseboard. You said "similar," so I assume you don't need an exact match, meaning the new baseboard isn't going to be up against the old, so a perfect match isn't necessary.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts