Woodworking Talk banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

· Turning Wood Into Art
4,043 Posts
I think the whole thing was a cool idea. There is always going to speculation and second guesses over any competition based on skill etc.

Where do you draw the line on bought blanks ...... I think laser cut kits should not be in it. Maybe it could have been 3 categories, natural blank, cast blank, segmented blank and vote for top 3 in each category.

Hopefully if he does it again I get one of mine in there.

· Registered
407 Posts
I guess you guys are right, you can't really regulate an internet contest. But I think if you did add some rules you could say no premade blanks. that way people make there own blanks will be appreciated and recognized at little bit more. But whatever, it was free!!

· Registered
274 Posts
I think the whole thing was a cool idea. There is always going to speculation and second guesses over any competition based on skill etc.

Where do you draw the line on bought blanks ...... I think laser cut kits should not be in it. Maybe it could have been 3 categories, natural blank, cast blank, segmented blank and vote for top 3 in each category.

Hopefully if he does it again I get one of mine in there.

Dave you too are in that catagory of don't sell yourself short. You should have entered.

I agree about the store bought blanks. The thing about a contest of this nature though there has to be the trust issue and that can be debated alot. But if you enter a pen contest of this nature that should be your work that we are judging and not someone elses who you bought from. You would then be taking claim to their work and misrepresenting yourself. :thumbdown:

Anyway as I said it was fun just to watch and see some of the entries. As I said I know a few of the ones that entered and can vouch they did make the blanks. Love to do it again. Have to see what his next challenge is. May take a stab at it too.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.