Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you who do not follow my blog or on FB (most of you :laughing:) here is your curtain call!

We need volunteers for the brand spank'n new hand tool school at LSU. Details here:
http://creoleproject.blogspot.com/2013/09/call-for-volunteers.html

I sure would appreciate the local guys stepping up on this but those abroad can also be of much help, and if you can please sen me a message through the blog so I can get a list of contacts together.

Thanks for taking a min to see how you can help!

Jean

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
What weekend are you doing this on ????

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What weekend are you doing this on ????
Still to be determined, but early Fall.

I'm on a job that is severely behind schedule right now. It ends the day before I step on a plane for a little trip. When I get back from that most of the pieces should be in place and I should have a much better view of the remaining yr's events. I have to schedule classes and demos around other tentative dates that take precedence - frustrating but I can't help it.

I can say with certainty though I will have next yrs schedule worked out and in stone before this yr is over as well because this juggling act is a PITA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jean, Pencil me in. Things may change depending on what your actual schedule ends up being but I should be able to give you 1/2 a day anyway. New to this forum but I've dealt with my share of plane irons and chisels. I'm in Baton Rouge down in the Pennington/Perkins Road area. You can email me if you need to.

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jean, Pencil me in. Things may change depending on what your actual schedule ends up being but I should be able to give you 1/2 a day anyway. New to this forum but I've dealt with my share of plane irons and chisels. I'm in Baton Rouge down in the Pennington/Perkins Road area. You can email me if you need to.
Thanks, Michael! If you haven't already, please shoot me a mesg through the contact form on the blog with you name and such so that I have your email address.

Thanks,
Jean

·
Registered
722 Posts
I can help. Just let me know. I am new to the hand sharpening game, but I take instruction pretty well. I won't be available on Sundays, but Saturdays should be no problem.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
If you need any help in Feb I'll be coming to New Orleans... Wifey is running 1/2 marathon 2/2/14.

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you ever put on week or weekend classes?
Currently there are a couple demos a year... In a couple of months the actual classes will begin and then YES! There will be week-end and mid week classes. No week-long classes any time soon though... I still have a real jobs!

If you need any help in Feb I'll be coming to New Orleans... Wifey is running 1/2 marathon 2/2/14.
Cool, come check it out either way!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts