Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been threatening a LONG time to redo my front room in the house to something a bit more practical.

Many moons ago I'd built a bar for our "dining room" since we never ate there formally.

It was nothing overly special and honestly didn't get used often after the novelty wore off.

In search of something more practical, I decided to resurrect my guitar room.

Storage is always an issue in my house, so I decided to make cabinets to hold a lot of my music stuff... pedal boards, cables, mics, effects, cajon, bongos, etc.

The top is just 3/4" birch with cherry edging that I stained a dark walnut. After the stain came 4 coats of semi gloss brushing lacquer. I wet sanded that with 600 grit paper and rubbed it out with finishing wax and my automotive polisher.

This is just phase one, for now, as I've got a high priority job to complete over the next week.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Where'd the fish tank go? :blink: That's quite a transformation. Looks good.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha, I sold the fish tank along with the bar a while back. Thanks for the kind words. I'll be building all the way around this winter... a mini desk to fit in the nook and some more cabinets to go along with the new kegerator cabinet I need to finish.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Hey, I recognize that bar. I saw it in person one time (I think that's the one I saw). The new cabinets look SWEET as hell. Awesome job, Scott! They look very professional.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey good buddy, yep that's the one. She gone. Time for the new. Neutral colors and open spaces. I'm trying to build things that will help sell the house when we find out "retirement home".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts