Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MIL wanted some more storage, and wanted to be able to set it up for a buffet, for family get-togethers.....my work isn't as good as a lot of you guys, but, I'm pretty happy with this.....but most of all, my MIL and my wife are happy with it.....now, for some shelves above it.....

·
7,222 Posts
These look very nice to me. Well done. :thumbsup:

I did notice the corded wall phone with the big buttons.

Reminds me of walking around a local flea market a few weeks ago.

A youngster, perhaps 8 - 10 picks up a corded phone. The outside was clear plastic to display the inner workings. He made some comment to his mother such as "Is that what a real phone used to look like?". Made me feel older.. :laughing:

I remember purchasing my first phone, a corded wall phone, when I moved into this house in 1983 and then having an argument with the local Bell operator about using it. Back then the Bell's owned most of the phones.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
A youngster, perhaps 8 - 10 picks up a corded phone. The outside was clear plastic to display the inner workings. He made some comment to his mother such as "Is that what a real phone used to look like?". Made me feel older.. :laughing:

I remember purchasing my first phone, a corded wall phone, when I moved into this house in 1983 and then having an argument with the local Bell operator about using it. Back then the Bell's owned most of the phones.
My first phone (of my own, for my bedroom) was when I was in high school. About 1987 or '88, I bought one of the clear phones from Radio Shack for about $15-20. I loved that phone.

Here's the one I had:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts